“Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves; vanity, to what we would have others think of us.” - Jane Austen


Monday, September 20, 2010

Chi Omega!

I am a CHI OMEGA! HOOT HOOT!

My very first temp Owl Pal, Ali, & I!

Bid Day was absolutely crazy, and every day since then it seems it has gotten even more insane, as if that were possible. I absolutely love Chi-O. I will admit, the first couple weeks I was a little bit skeptical. It seemed like everybody else was so in-the-know, and I felt like I was so out-of-the-loop! Then, we had our pledge class retreat, meaning that all the new Chi-O girls spend the night at a current member's house to
get to know each other better. Although I cannot divulge everything that we did there (sacred sorority secrets, you know?!), I will say that after that night, I have been completely sold. I am so in love with Chi Omega and every single girl in it! Throughout the Rush process, everybody said, "Don't worry, you'll end up where you are meant to be." I thought that it was a pretty corny thing to say, but I now realize how true of a statement it really is.


Chi Omega!

This Thursday, we get our Bigs! For those of you knowing nothing about sororities, I will explain! On Bid Day, I got a "temporary" Big, or, as we call them, Owl Pals. Every tuesday since then, I have gotten a new temp Owl Pal. This is just to help you get to know some of the older girls and help you to figure out who you want to be your permanent Owl Pal. Last Tuesday, we preffed four girls that we would like to be our Owl Pals, and on Thursday we find out who that girl is! I absolutely cannot wait! I know that, whoever I end up with, I am going to love. One of the most fun parts of the week is that we get a present every day! Yes, we are pretty spoiled :) After Big/Little Day on Thursday, I will make another post about my Big and all the wonderful presents I receive!


Hoot Hoot!

All in all, I am loving college! Sooner football has begun and, of course, it is unbelievable! The games have been absolutely out of this world (and very hot)! I have been getting a little homesick, but luckily I have an amazing family who comes to visit me often, and I am finally getting to go home this weekend, and we're going to Branson! So many fun things coming up.

A few of my sisters and I before the OU/Air Force game!

I am so sorry for the long delay, college is even more time-consuming than I had originally thought it might be! I will do my best to keep this updated in the future! 'Til next time!

There's Only One Oklahoma!

No comments:

Post a Comment