“Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves; vanity, to what we would have others think of us.” - Jane Austen


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Big/Little 2010!

Introducing...

MY BIG!

Big/Little was on September 23.
The entire day, I was an absolute wreck! We had to pref who we wanted the week before, but there is no guarantee that you will get exactly who you wanted, so of course, my entire pledge class was completely on edge. We were told to be at the house at 9:30 pm, but once we got there, we were made to sit for over thirty minutes! Which, obviously, made the wait even worse!
So, we're sitting there, and all of a sudden, the ceiling above us sounds like there is a stampede of wild animals barreling across it. Naturally, we were all just kind of looking around in utter confusion; next thing you know, here come all the families downstairs in a mad dash, all in pajamas! They run through the dining room (where we had been torturously awaiting their arrival) and then into the front foyer where they formed a type of "tunnel", if you will. So they are all chanting "Big little! Big little! Big little!" as we walk through, cameras a-flashin'! We get into the living room type area and everyone is scampering around like crazy trying to find the object with their name on it. Leave it to me, I was the last one in there because I couldn't find mine. But, I finally did! And as soon as I saw "Lindsey" and "Taylor" on there, I snatched it up and took off. I don't know if I've ever run up stairs so fast! So of course, as soon as I get to her room, there is much screaming and hugging and jumping, like girls do. I was then informed that I had a twin. First thought: "Oh, no. What if we don't get along?" But then I was informed that it was Mary Beth, and I already adored her! Right about that time, she comes running into the room (she had a few difficulties finding it), and the screaming and hugging and jumping commenced once again!
At this point, we were given pajamas matching the rest of our family. We went to change, and then the gift-giving began! Lindsey went all out; our gifts were all adorable! Let's just say that I am a very lucky hootie! I have an awesome twin, an awesome big, and on top of THAT, I have an awesome g-big and gg-big. My g-big is Lindsey's big, and my gg-big is her big, if you hadn't figured that out already.
After the giving of gifts, we proceeded downstairs where thousands of pictures were taken (yes, I said thousands!). After the pictures, we headed to the Norman Skating Rink, IN OUR PAJAMAS! What a memorable night! I am so fortunate to have been blessed with such an amazing Chi Omega family!

Mary Beth, Lindsey and I!

Jessica (gg-big), Ashley (g-big), Lindsey, Me, Mary Beth

The generations!

Cutest hootie family!

Me with my adorable twin and big!

There's Only One Oklahoma!
Hootie hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment