“Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves; vanity, to what we would have others think of us.” - Jane Austen


Saturday, October 30, 2010

October.

The past month has brought many changes - mostly for the best, I believe. I am now starting to become a little bit more integrated into the college life. I finally seem to be making a few solid friends that I love hanging out with! Woohoo! Things are still really busy; I have more homework than I ever thought I would, but besides that, I love college! Being in a sorority plays a huge role, in my opinion. Over the past couple weeks I really have begun to realize why people call sororities a "sisterhood", and I love it! This past week I was pretty sick with yucky sinus issues (gross!) and a couple of my sisters were nice enough to take care of me, and with no complaints! Isn't it awesome having friends like that?

Today was Dad's Day, and both of my parents came up to spend the day at the Chi-O house for a barbecue, pictures, and lots of owl-ish fun! It was nice getting to introduce my parents to all my pretty hooties and my big! There was a football game late tonight but, seeing as how I have been sick all week my parents and I decided to take it easy and not take any chances of me getting sick again!

And now on to the greatest news of the week... :)

My nephew, Levi Barrett Newcomb was born on October 26, 2010 at 5:10 pm. He weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and he is a teeny bundle of perfection. The first time I saw him, I was just in awe. I couldn't believe that that little guy was MY nephew! I have never felt so proud of my brother, Tyler, as I did that day. And, Leslie, after going through everything she had to go through, looked like a super model. Seriously people, she looked gorgeous! I don't know if I have ever seen anybody look so radiant! It was very apparent that they were both so unbelievably happy. I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. Levi is so lucky to have them as parents!

The first time I held him, it was like, instant love. He is simply the most beautiful thing I have ever laid my eyes on. I didn't get to hold him long, because I think his momma was pretty anxious to hold him. I didn't mind :) Luckily, I get to spend ALL day tomorrow with the new happy family and then I'll get to hold my angelic nephew all I want!

Pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment