“Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves; vanity, to what we would have others think of us.” - Jane Austen


Monday, July 25, 2011

Where did I disappear to?

To be completely honest, I have no idea why I stopped writing on this. I did start a new blog, which focuses on fashion and food/baking (two of my very favorite things!). However, I really did love writing on this. So, even though most of my followers have probably given up on me, I'm going to update this anyway :)

My second semester of college at OU was the best of my life. There are definitely some things that I miss about high school life; seeing my parents all the time, my own bed, basketball, a lot less homework, etc... But there really is nothing else like college. I met so many new awesome people and I made some of the best friends I have ever had. Being in a sorority really has been one of the most amazing things I have ever been a part of. I am moving into the Chi Omega house in one week from today, and I could not be any more excited!! I can't even imagine what it's going to be like living with all of my best friends! On August 1, we start work week, which is the week that we use to prepare ourselves for Formal Recruitment or, Rush. Rush is the process that all the incoming freshman go through to be placed in a sorority. So, even though work week is going to be completely crazy and hectic, and I am probably not going to get any sleep at all, I know that I'm going to have a blast because I'm going to be stuffed in a house 24/7 with my sisters. I can't wait!


My roommate for next year, Katharine, and I before an intramural soccer game... We are pretty intense as you can see. Intramurals are one of my favorite things about college. They're competitive, but still just for fun, so there's no real pressure. I actually got elected Intramural Chair for my house, and I LOVE doing it.

My summer has been unexpectedly busy, for whatever reason. At the very beginning, my boyfriend Justin (who I met second semester as well) came to stay for a week with my family, and it was a blast. He's from Houston, and of course I had to go stay with him for a week, too! And I loved Houston. The shopping is fantastic and downtown is beautiful! We spent a few days at the beach in Galveston and the rest of the time just hanging out around the city. It was a great trip! And I loved his family, too.

Justin and I at an Astros game! It was my first MLB game... It was so fun! Even though the Astros lost.

I've also gotten to spend a ton of quality time with family, which has been absolutely amazing! My nephew is now nine month old and he is absolutely ADORABLE. I love him so so much and I am so blessed to be his auntie. I can't believe it's been nine months since he was born... It already scares me how much he has grown!

Levi and I on the 4th of July!

And the last thing I want to talk about is my best friend, Erica. She spent the last year studying abroad in Spain, and she justgot home yesterday! I'm so happy she is back and I can't wait to see her! :)

Erica and I!

Anyway, that's all for now! Ta-ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment